Donating Stocks and Mutual Funds
Ascension Lutheran Church has an investment account at Fidelity Investments. You can donate your stocks and mutual funds by giving your broker the following transfer information:
- Broker Fidelity Investments
- Fidelity Investments’ DTC Code (A) 0226
- Account name Ascension Lutheran Church
- Account number Z73-375497
- Ascension’s Federal Employer ID number 95-2243400
Fidelity, and other retail firms, cannot accept proprietary mutual funds. A proprietary mutual fund is created when the bank or brokerage firm that distributes the fund also acts as an investment advisor for the fund. Verify with your broker, before attempting to transfer, that your mutual fund may be held in a retail account.
It is also necessary to notify Ascension that you are transferring investments to the church. We will see the incoming security but we will not know who it is from unless you notify the church. Advise us of the securities you are transferring and when they are being transferred. Please email the following individuals with this information when you have instructed your broker to transfer securities to the church:
– This is Fidelity’s account number at the Depository Trust Company (DTC) who facilitates the electronic transfer of securities
If you would like to donate to a specific ministry or to one that we are currently lifting up for support, please click here or write a check to “Ascension Lutheran Church” with the specific ministry on the memo line. Thank you for your participation in supporting various ministries.